A house fire was reported on First Street in New Suffolk shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Four departments responded: Cutchogue, Southold, Mattituck, Jamesport. Firemen were seeing entering the smoke filled house and chopping holes in part of the roof and walls to let out the smoke. By late afternoon, the home was boarded up.

Firemen and neighbors at the scene said a wire from a pole into the house shorted and that was believed to be the cause of the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *