On Monday, May 8, Kisjonne Campbell, 25, of Brooklyn, pleaded guilty in Suffolk County Court to second-degree murder for stabbing Michaelle Jaccis to death on New Year’s Day 2022.

According to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Campbell admitted to getting into a physical altercation with Jesse on the day of the murder and taking a taxi from the shelter back to her home in West Babylon.

Sometime after 2 p.m., Jaccis’ 15-year-old brother knocked on the door of Campbell’s home and noticed that Campbell was wearing all black and a ski mask around his neck.

The teen, who never met Campbell, later told investigators that Campbell had asked him if he had the number of the taxi company. He then looked up a number and gave it to Campbell, who then left the home.

According to prosecutors, the teen told Jaccis about the encounter, prompting her to leave the house for a short time in the family’s car.

When she returned, Campbell appeared and “violently” attacked her in front of the house, investigators said.

Her two brothers heard her screams and opened the door, where they saw Campbell, who was also dressed in black, stab the woman “in a rage,” according to prosecutors.

Campbell had fled the scene when Suffolk police arrived. Police eventually found him jogging in a nearby street.

He attempted to escape by jumping over a fence, but was unsuccessful and was quickly arrested.

Investigators eventually located a knife with a broken tip in bushes adjacent to the house. During Jaccis’ autopsy, a knife point was found inside her skull, prosecutors said.

Her brother also identified Campbell as the man who had asked for the number of the taxi company and who had killed his sister.

In an interview with police, Campbell admitted to beating Jesse but said he “passed out” after beating her.

“This was a horrific and senseless act of violence,” Suffolk County District Attorney Raymond Tierney said in a statement.

“The guilty plea saves Michaelle Jaccis’ family from having to repeat this tragedy in open court and ensures the public is spared from this violent defendant.”

Campbell will be sentenced on Friday, June 9 and is expected to receive a sentence of 20 years to life in prison.

Follow Daily Voice Nassau and receive free news updates.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *